Tuesday, January 8, 2008

chronicles of dating


a friend of mine has very lightly engaged match.com for occasional tuesday night entertainment. the stories tend to be typical - exaggerated height, sheer boredom, bad style. but tonight the bar was raised. the message she received was typical: "we seem like a good match for each other... i'm young at heart although a bit older than you are looking for." i was confused as i read through the forwarded message, as it seemed quite typical. it was signed and included a bunch of contact options (phone, AIM, etc...). the post script is the only reason this otherwise standard overture makes its appearance in between common and oscar.

P.S. Sorry about the pix in my ad (no clear face pix). I'm a fairly public figure in a sensitive field and can't circulate unblurred ones. If you reply thru my e-mail addy, I can send you a couple close ups of my eyes to fill in the blanks a bit, if that would help.

No comments: